Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10, 2012


 1. If the American League is as dominant as everyone says it is, I think it will win the All-Star game tonight. I always think the first half of baseball season takes longer to complete than the second half. Soon, pro football teams will be gathering for training camp. Then high school fall sports will begin their two a day practices shortly thereafter. Not long after that, school will be starting. My how summer flies by.
2. I cannot believe the fall of BLACKBERRY. iPhone’s have killed the stock–down 90% since June of 2008. In 2007, BLACKBERRY had 50% of the market share. Now it is 11%. I can remember when the BLACKBERRY device was all the rage. It just goes to show that nothing is permanent. (Stat Source: TIME.)
3. I wrote this yesterday in my weekly blog (http://markedgeremarks.blogspot.com/2012/07/climb-every-mountain-my-week-on.html), but I think everyone should go on Wilderness Expedition at least once in life to climb a mountain. There are too many valuable spiritual lessons that can be experienced to pass up the opportunity.
4. I think the new speed limit on the Austin and San Antonio toll road of 85 mph is too much. That means you can automatically raise the limit that most people set on themselves to 90 mph. Some people are going to lose control and get badly hurt-even killed-because of this.
5. I am praying for you and your family, Charles Siburt. Peace to you my friend and mentor, and I know the Lord is going to grant it to you.

*Thanks to Peter King for the inspiration for this blog's title.

No comments:

Post a Comment