Tuesday, May 29, 2012

May 29, 2012



1. It's not often that you go to vote and see your friend on the ballot for the United States Senate. I have to admit, it's pretty cool.
            I have known Glenn Addison since our college days at ACU. Today he is one of several Republicans running for the Senate.
            No matter what party they are involved in, I have a high respect for Glenn and other Christians who are willing to participate in the political process.
            Creation is fallen, and as the medical field and political field demonstrate, we will never see complete and everlasting healing. Yet, it is nice to know godly people who try to do the best they can to serve God in either one.
2. Last night, I was working on my bank statement, and I was seated behind my daughter Abby. Abby, herself, was seated at our family computer with her ear plugs in, and she was watching a TV program on an internet service.
            Hard as I tried to concentrate on the bank statement, I consistently found myself distracted by what was on the screen. I found out that the show was called ONCE UPON A TIME. The premise is that several fairytale characters such as Snow White, the evil queen, Cinderella, and Rumpelstiltskin are transported into the modern world to a small town in Maine.
            The show has aired this year on ABC. I am definitely toying with the idea of watching the show on DVD or Internet.
3. Here is an interesting find. Jay Hunter Morris has starred in productions of the famous Metropolitan Opera of New York City. Jay Hunter Morris grew up in Paris–Texas! That's a definite example of a small-town boy who make good in his chosen field.
4. I’m so glad school is out for our girls and me. Timothy, and my wife, Judy, will be out of school by the end of this week. I truly believe I enjoy summer now as much as I did when I was a kid. It's good to see the kids get a break; it is also good to get to spend more time with them. While I don't particularly enjoy hot weather, I realize you cannot have summer without it. I like summer. 
5. I’m picking San Antonio to defeat Oklahoma City in 6 games. There: I wrote it.
   
*Thanks to Peter King for the inspiration for this blog's title.

No comments:

Post a Comment